ANNAPOLIS, Md. (May 27, 2020)—Leading global risk management and crisis response firm, WorldAware, today announced the availability of its 2020 Hurricane Forecast report for the upcoming hurricane season, which begins June 1. WorldAware’s team of intelligence analysts have compiled and analyzed the anticipated weather-related impacts of 2020, as well as how those impacts are further affected by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
WorldAware’s Global Intelligence and Assistance and Response Teams—which operate in a follow-the-sun model, spanning four continents and consisting of more than 120 intelligence analysts and subject matter experts—foresee a hurricane season that will bring more activity than years past.
Some key insights the report covers include:
- A recap of the 2019 hurricane season and predictions for 2020
- Environmental factors that will affect tropical activity
- COVID-19's impact on disaster readiness and response
- Proper preparation measures for businesses and individuals in the midst of a pandemic (especially with FEMA and National Guard resources already spread thin)
- Hurricane preparedness tips for travelers
- Disaster risk reduction planning and considerations for businesses
Full access to the report can be found here: https://bit.ly/3cQkWUw. The team encourages quoting or attributing information and analysis as it relates to your coverage. Additionally, environmental experts are available to speak to the report and the continued fallout as it combines with the impact of COVID-19.
WorldAware provides intelligence-driven, integrated risk management solutions that enable multinational organizations to operate globally with confidence. WorldAware's end-to-end tailored solutions integrate world-class threat intelligence, innovative technology, and response services to help organizations mitigate risk and protect their employees, assets, and reputation.