The SARS-CoV-2 virus (formerly referred to as 2019 Novel Coronavirus / 2019-nCoV) has impacted organizations around the globe, bringing attention to the need for actionable risk intelligence and business continuity planning.
On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a pandemic. This shift in posture from an earlier briefing indicating WHO would no longer use the term "pandemic" to describe disease transmission is reflective of the current COVID-19 global impact.
People traveling to affected countries should check their flight status before departing from the airport. Travelers with flight connections in these locations should also confirm all flights on their journey prior to departure and should consider changing their itineraries to avoid connections in these locations. It’s also recommended that individuals practice proper personal hygiene, particularly if they have been exposed to the virus.
Risk Intelligence Alerts
WorldAware’s intelligence alerts give you timely notification of any significant travel, safety, and/or security-related incidents that could impact your organization or people. Notification of such issues or incidents, with applied analysis, gives you and your people the advantage to prepare for and mitigate the threat to your organization and operations.
WorldAware offers several subscription options to access COVID-19 risk intelligence. Get access to detailed reports, have intelligence alerts delivered to your inbox, and/or use WorldAware Planner to embed intelligence, country-specific insights, and more on your company's intranet.
Reports Include the following:
- International Travel Restrictions Report, updated weekdays
- In-country Movement Restrictions Report, updated weekdays
- Airline Route Restrictions, updated Fridays
Click on each report above to access a sample report.
Click on one of the following months to jump to the most recent alert from that month.
- March 5, 2020 | Intelligence Briefing: COVID-19 Impact to Health and Business Operations
- February 20, 2020 | Intelligence Briefing: Coronavirus Impact to Health and Business Operations
- January 29, 2020 | Intelligence Briefing: Novel Coronavirus Impact to Health and Travel
In The News
- Travel Restriction Intelligence on COVID-19 in Boston Herald
- WorldAware Featured in Washington Post
- WorldAware Weighs in On Coronavirus Travel Questions in the Wall Street Journal
- Novel Coronavirus Could be Devastating for Poorer Countries
- Coronavirus Overshadows Boeing 737 MAX Travel Risk
- Coronavirus Impacting Travel Beyond China
- Blog: WHO Declares COVID-19 Pandemic
- Blog: Coronavirus Outbreak in Italy, South Korea, and Iran | Health and regional analysts provide insights on these three distinct outbreaks.
- Blog: 7 COVID-19 Misconceptions | Our health experts debunk common myths.
- Blog: Health and Travel Implications | Intelligence analysts provide insight into what you need to know about the virus before your next trip.
- Basic Health Precautions to Avoid Infection | An advice sheet with basic best health practices.
COVID-19 Confirmed Cases and Travel Restrictions
The above interactive map allows you to see the number of confirmed cases reported by country (including individual China provinces), airline route restrictions, and travel restrictions by country where applicable.
Use the navigation pane in the upper left corner of the map to view the map legend, change the visibility of the above information, and share, print, or bookmark the map.
To view information for a country, click on the map to display an information box with applicable travel and/or flight restrictions, number of reported cases, and more. Use the forward and backward arrow in the upper right corner of the info box to toggle through information available for the selected country. Zoom in over China to see the number of confirmed cases by province.
This map is updated weekdays at 10:30 a.m. EST.
WorldAware provides intelligence-driven, integrated risk management solutions that enable multinational organizations to operate globally with confidence. WorldAware’s end-to-end tailored solutions integrate world-class threat intelligence, innovative technology, and response services to help organizations mitigate risk and protect their people, assets, and reputations.