From natural disasters to illness outbreaks, terrorist attacks to airline insolvency, dealing effectively with a crisis situation comes down to preparedness. Bruce McIndoe, Founder and President, will be on a panel discussion at the ABTA Crisis Management Conference held at the UK Chamber of Shipping. The following topics will be discussed at 10:00 a.m.
- Priorities for crisis management in a changing world
- Considering the political, social, technological and economic threats in destinations
- Learnings from high profile recent crises
McIndoe will also present at a 3:30 p.m. workshop session. The following topics will be discussed in these workshops.
- An update on recent high profile crises and emerging threats
- New thinking around crisis management and how it can be applied to the travel and tourism industries
- Collaborative working and information sharing between key stakeholders in the event of a crisis
- Your legal obligations and your duty of care to your customers during a crisis
- New developments in crisis management communications and how to handle social media during a crisis
- Industry case studies including key learnings from a terrorist attack
- Managing an emergency situation that arises out of airline insolvency
- How to improve the resilience of destinations and steps to take to ensure speedy post-crisis destination recovery
- Ensuring the right level of psychological support for those affected by a crisis
Click here for more information on the ABTA Crisis Management Conference.