Opposing groups plan to demonstrate in multiple locations throughout the US, Nov. 5-6, to demand transparency in the vote count following the nation's recent presidential election.
Supporters of President Donald J. Trump, including members of the group Tea Party Patriots, have confirmed rallies in several cities where vote counts are still continuing. Event locations and start times are:
- Atlanta, Georgia: In front of the State Farm Arena, starting at 1200 Nov. 5
- Phoenix, Arizona: Outside Phoenix City Hall, starting at 0900 Nov. 5; outside Maricopa County Tabulation and Election Center, starting at 1000 Nov. 6
- Detroit, Michigan: Outside the TCF Center, starting at 0900 Nov. 5
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center, starting at 0800 Nov. 5
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Outside the State Capitol, starting at 1200 Nov. 5
Protests in favor of President Trump are possible in other cities, especially in the states of Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, as well as in Washington, DC.
Supporters of former Vice President Biden have confirmed protests at Freedom Plaza in downtown Washington, DC, starting at 0900 Nov. 5, and outside the State Capitol in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, starting at 1700 Nov. 5. However, Biden supporters will likely also hold counterprotests in Atlanta, Phoenix, Detroit, and Philadelphia. Pro-Biden activists have also been demonstrating since Nov. 3 in Seattle, Portland, New York, and Los Angeles, and may continue to do so in the coming days.
Heightened security is highly likely around the demonstrations and near offices where votes continue to be counted. Clashes between police and demonstrators, as well as between opposing protesters, are possible. Authorities may choose to close streets adjacent to buildings where counts are taking place, prompting localized transport and business disruptions.
Avoid all demonstrations as a precaution and strictly heed the instructions of authorities. If violence breaks out, leave the area immediately and seek shelter in a secure location. Allow additional time to reach destinations near announced or potential protest locations. Confirm appointments.