Severity: Warning Alert
Security: Activists plan to hold protests in several locations in Missouri, US, April 20 and 21 to demand that authorities lift business restrictions.
The locations affected by this alert are:
- Kansas City, Missouri
- St Louis, Missouri
- Springfield, Missouri
- Columbia-Jefferson City, Missouri
This alert began 20 Apr 2020 12:05 GMT and is scheduled to expire 22 Apr 2020 03:59 GMT.
- Event: Protests
- Location(s): Missouri (map)
- Date: April 20 and 21
- Impact: Transport and business disruptions, heightened security
Activists plan to hold protests in Kansas City, Mo., April 20 and in Jefferson City, Springfield, and Saint Louis, Mo., April 21 to demand that authorities lift COVID-19-related business and movement restrictions.
- Demonstrators plan to hold an inside-vehicle protest in downtown Kansas City, driving their cars around the City Hall, starting at 1200.
- In Jefferson City, demonstrators intend to gather around the Missouri State Capitol, starting at 1200 April 21.
- In Springfield, protesters plan to drive around the Springfield City Hall, along Boonville Avenue, starting at 1200 April 21.
- In Saint Louis County, protesters plan to gather at Memorial Park, near the county administrative offices, in Clayton, starting at 1600 April 21.
Hundreds are likely to participate in each of the demonstrations. Heightened security is likely, especially near government offices. Skirmishes have occurred in similar recent protests, and are likely to take place in the protests in Missouri. Violence or major disruptions are unlikely.
Allow additional time to reach your destination, if operating in Kansas City April 20, or in Jefferson City, Springfield, or Saint Louis County April 21. Heed the instructions of authorities.