Severity: Warning Alert
Security: Ambulance staff end strike in Uttar Pradesh State, India, April 1. Lingering disruptions possible into April 2.
The locations affected by this alert are:
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh State
- Agra, Uttar Pradesh State
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh State
- Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh State
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh State
This alert began 01 Apr 2020 23:46 GMT and is scheduled to expire 04 Apr 2020 03:59 GMT.
- Incident: Ambulance strike
- Location(s): Uttar Pradesh (map)
- Time Frame: March 31-April 1
Unionized ambulance staff in Uttar Pradesh State returned to work April 1 after ending a strike which began the previous day. The work stoppage was aimed at securing owed wages and protective equipment to prevent staff from being infected with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Participants ended the strike after receiving assurances from state government representatives.
Any lingering disruptions to ambulance service availability are highly likely to end by April 2.